Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Studying'll killya boy.


Man, I swear I study way more than I should need to. It seems like it takes me so long to actually LEARN things.


I can process things rather quickly, and I have a propensity to understand things on a more emotional level than an intellectual one. I feel the subjects and somewhere deep inside I do understand but to then express them to others is difficult. For fun I consume books on philosophy, history, and forensic science but the amount I retain is very minimal I think. Names, dates and specifics just seem to leak out the back of my head. It is the same with films, actors, directors, etc. In film school, while others spouted out name after name I kept silent, not because I did not have opinions but because I couldn't think of a single damn name. I would say things like, "I dig that one German expressionist...you know...the guy...who did the film about that sleepwalker dude...you know..." or "Yeah, that chick who was in all those hal Hartley films...man she's good!" Now with Algebra I find that I can do the questions if I have the formula staring me in the face, but as soon as I don't, the numbers float around meaninglessly. UGH! I will say though that was able to retain alot of my medical studies. I did well in Anatomy and all my Histology classes have gone rather smoothly...maybe I just have trouble if I feel like I have to prove something. HMMMM. Anyway here is a video that sums me up really well!

No comments: