Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Praise for the THIN MAN

Yesterday Stacy and I watched the first of the 1934 NICK and NORA series "THE THIN MAN" starring William Powell and Myrna Loy. We both LOVED it. It's mixture of Noir settings and sarcastic (and sometimes sardonic) humor was brilliant and enjoyable. I laughed out loud many times. I found William Powell hilarious in his alcoholic (but sharp witted) role (lovable like Dudley Moore in Arthur but calculating like Sherlock Holmes) and I thought Myrna Loy was gorgeous (especially her nose which I found uniquely cute). And who could forget the Adorable Dog ASTA who even has his own fan site! http://www.iloveasta.com/ThinMan.htm. As the site sums up..."Endless cocktails and abundant wealth aside, Nick and Nora Charles presented a picture of the kind of married domestic life people really wanted - and still want - to have."

I should also mention that the story was based on a 1933 book written by the amazing Dashiell Hammett.

No comments: